Electronic – Robotic
Robotics deals with the design, construction, operation, and application of robots, as well as computer systems for their control, sensory feedback, and information processing. However, in this page the primary concern will be the electrical parts of a robot.
This page is a metapage. It means deeper and more focused article will be written in other place and their entry will be indexed here. Browse following catalog to search what you want.
You can also visit Basic Electronic page to learn some subject not covered in this page.
Table of Content
- Basic Component
- Computer Vision
- Machine Learning for Robot
Sensor is the component which makes robot feel and know the environment by taking measures of physical measurement.
- Proximity – sensor or switch for detecting metal without involving any physical contact
- Magnet – known as light relay, detect magnet surround of it.
- Light – can be divided into Photovoltaic (solar cell), Photoconductive, and Photoelectric
- Ultrasonic – works based on principle of sound-echo. Create ultrasonic sound and then capture it, compute the delay of received sound. It can also sense solid object and liquid object.
- Pressure – has transducer which measures tension of wire and convert mechanical tension to electricity signal.
- Rotation Speed (RPM)
Controller is the brain of robot. One can use microcontroller or microprocessor as a controller for robot. One can also implement logic on top FPGA for specific hardware design.
See Microcontroller and Microprocessor to learn about their programming way.